January 21, 2008

Snow day Thurs day

The kids were thrilled to off school. I was too...sleeping in, relaxing, having fun...but at 7am people were stirring. People were scavenging for gloves, boats, snow suits, all while I lay in bed refusing to get up. This was my day to sleep in after all!
At 8:38am I succumbed. I realized that they snow may not last and they had better get in it while they could. So I got up. Here is my Kaylie girl having fun. Pretty Lexie doesn't want to keep her hat on!
I just love it when Kaylie lets her hair down, it's so long!
Final result. Did you know Celery doesn't make for a very impressive Snowman nose?
After we used up all our snow, dry clean clothing and I started several loads of laundry, we headed over to play with our friends, Kelsey, Dallas, Ruthie and Rowan.
Sherry and I watched a movie, "The Ultimate Gift". It was so good! I came home and I reserved it at the library for my whole family to see. It was completely fun and selfish, as we let our kids run wild while we relaxed and enjoyed the show!


3 comments:

Gwenda said...

How long did the snow last? We still have some. With this below freezing weather, it can't melt!

Alicia said...

oooh...sounds like fun. I love your kids making the homemade snowcones with the snow (is that what they did?)--that is genius!

mamanicky said...

Such cuties! Celery on the snowman, I think that works. Anything on hand works, lettuce for hair? nuts for ears? it's all good :0)